Blackdown Hills Transition Group
Blackdown Hills Transition Group is the local hub for the Transition movement for the rural communities of the Blackdown Hills (which straddles the border of Devon and Somerset), with active members from villages including Buckland St Mary, Churchinford, Dunkeswell, Hemyock and Smeatharpe.
- Blackdown Hills Repair Café.
- Apple Days in the autumn at three locations, providing apple-pressing facilities for members of the local communities to make juice or cider.
- Awareness-raising activities, events and stalls.
- Writing articles for local parish magazines and websites.
- Providing support to people in our local community help them do their bit to tackle the climate emergency.
- Monthly green drinks.
- Climate hustings events.
Some of the activities above have been paused or adapted due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are on the lookout for new members to help support its activities. So please do get in touch if you’d like to join us!
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.