Promoting your event
Running events and activities is core to any CAG Devon group. Getting the word out to as many people as possible is vital to make it a success. This guide describes many of the things you can do to promote your event – although not all of them may be appropriate for your particular event.
Here’s your Top Five Must-Do’s:
- Create a simple timeline. This will help you determine what needs doing and when, what channels and methods to use, and when to release your communications materials.
- Clarify your messages. At the planning stage, first decide what are the key messages you want to get across when communicating about the event to make sure people have all the information they need.
- Decide on methods/channels. Then – as soon as you know the event will run – decide on what methods and channels you will use to promote your event. Bear in mind that these may not be the same for every event you organise.
- Use additional methods. Once you’ve covered all the bases, this guide then runs through how to make use of additional ways of promoting your event, such as an email newsletter, outdoor banners and live tweeting during the event.
- Publicity during and after your event. Don’t forget that during and after the event, that there is potential for extra publicity to come out of it. For example photo and video content, a follow up blog and hopefully post-event press coverage.
Download the guide for more ideas and inspiration. And you have a top tip to add that has worked well for you, let us know and we can add it in.
Please refer to the CAG Devon team for up-to-date guidance on running events during the Covid-19 pandemic, once lockdown has been lifted. Also look at the government website https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest information what you can and can’t do regarding running events/working in the community whilst the threat of Covid-19 remains.
If you require this resource in a different format, please contact us.