Who is collecting and using your personal data?
CAG Devon is a project managed by Resource Futures on behalf of Devon County Council.
Devon County Council will act as a “data controller” for any personal data that you provide to us. As such, we will ensure that the data you give us is processed in line with our organisation’s Data Protection Policies and in line with your rights under the Data Protection Act 2017 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
Should you wish to find out more about CAG Devon’s Data Protection Policies please contact Devon County Council’s Data Protection Officer.
Please note that failure to provide your personal data may make it difficult for us to communicate with you.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- Information about CAG Devon groups
- Survey submissions
- Management of queries
- Circulation of opted-in electronic newsletters
- Photograph permission forms
We rely upon the following laws to process your personal data:
- Data Protection Act 2017 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations
- The Environmental Protection Act 1990
- The Controlled Waste Regulations
- The Waste Framework Directive
- Waste Management Licencing and Environmental Permitting
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations
Who we will share your personal data with?
To deliver services to you, it may be necessary for us to share your personal data with the following organisations / partners:
- Contracted providers
- District and Unitary Councils
- Other Government departments and agencies
- Organisations working in partnership with Devon County Council
How long will we hold your personal data?
CAG Devon will retain your personal data for only as long as is necessary, and in line with our organisation’s record retention schedules.
No automated decisions are made using the personal data you submit to us for the above purposes.
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2017 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:
- The right of access to your own personal data
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine readable format
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
Your right to complain
If you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by CAG Devon, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with Devon County Council’s Customer Feedback Procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Privacy and cookies
Information collected via forms submitted by users to our website- for example, email newsletter subscriptions and preferences- is retained for administration purposes only and will never be used for any other purpose than is explicitly stated or implied at the point of submission, nor will it be passed to a third party without your express permission. You are entitled to contact a member of our administration team at any point to request what personal information we might hold about you, and instruct us to remove it from our records if required.
Our website also uses Google Analytics to track visitor statistics. Analytics tracks simple information such as how you arrived on our website, what content you read the most and how to move around the website. We use this information to help improve our website and the ways in which you can access it, so you get a better experience the next time you visit. All information gathered through Analytics is anonymous and we never knowingly collect any personal and/or identifying information. We do not share this information with any other third party beyond our appointed administration team.
Please note that as Google Analytics is provided by a third party and the information they collect is therefore outside our control, we cannot accept responsibility for any changes in their service.