Download CAG Devon membership agreement
If you require this resource in a different format, please contact us.
CAG Devon membership agreement
The CAG Devon membership agreement sets out what your group pledges to do as a member of the CAG Devon network. The agreement also lists what the CAG Devon team can offer your group as a member of CAG Devon.
Click on the links above to access a printable copy of the agreement.
Conditions of membership
By signing the CAG Devon membership agreement, your group will be agreeing to the following:
- Agree to a set of aims and objectives to include waste minimisation and other sustainability issues – these could include climate change, carbon and energy reduction, sustainable transport, food, biodiversity, and water issues.
- Demonstrate clear benefit to the community, provide opportunities for volunteering and not be for private / individual profit.
- Be active, holding activities or projects each year.
- Ensure you have appropriate insurance cover for activities, using CAG Devon (free of charge) if suitable.
- Be responsible for completing risk assessments for all events and activities in order to validate your insurance cover (through CAG Devon or your provider).
- Provide evidence of completing risk assessments. As a new CAG Devon member, this must be prior to your first event. Existing CAG Devon members must provide evidence annually, or if requested. Templates and training are provided.
- Collect data appropriate to the events, activities or projects and submit them to CAG Devon via the online data collection portal, Resource CIT. This allows us to communicate and feedback the impact of your action in reducing carbon emissions, reducing waste to landfill or otherwise.
- Open a bank or building society account if receiving funding via CAG Devon, unless using the bank account of an umbrella organisation.
- Have a safeguarding policy for your group. Templates and training are provided.
- Inform the CAG Devon staff if the group is inactive or has been disbanded.
We actively encourage our groups to:
- Play an active role in the CAG Devon network e.g. come and participate in our annual CAG Devon SkillShare, share your experiences and learnings at Collaborate groups.
- Share your events and activities with the CAG Devon team, so we can help to promote your events far and wide.
- Share knowledge, information, skills and resources with other CAG Devon members – so that we can all learn and play a part in building a sustainable future for Devon.
We recommend that our groups follow best practice:
- Have a constitution or terms of reference as to how the group will operate.
- Appoint key positions of at least a chair/group contact and a treasurer, as well as providing contact details of these to the CAG Devon team.
- Manage finances correctly and keep an audit trail.
In return, the CAG Devon team will:
The CAG Devon team will:
- Provide advice, expertise and mentoring on setting up and maintaining a community action group.
- Provide support to groups as required, via phone, online or at group events, by mutual agreement.
- Signpost funding opportunities to members and offer guidance on applications.
- Provide annual insurance cover for the groups’ activities and its members, where suitable, providing that groups take responsibility for conducting risk assessments and sharing data on their activities.
- Provide risk assessment templates, training and support in completing these appropriately.
- Promote members, their events and news through CAG Devon’s communications channels and in the media, where appropriate.
- Provide a CAG Devon website to:
a. Advertise CAG events and activities
b. Inform CAG Devon members and the wider public about current news and events
c. Provide information to members of the public about CAG Devon and individual groups.
- Provide access to the Resource CIT (data collection and monitoring portal), as well as support and training on how to use it and collate impact reports.
- Provide training, skill-sharing and networking events to inspire and build knowledge around successful waste minimisation and sustainability initiatives in the community.
- Maintain online resources and project guides to help and guide groups in the setting up of new activities.
- Provide best practice advice, expertise and mentoring, as well as practical help, on setting up or maintaining specific projects or events.
- Provide liaison between community action groups and local / national government, partner organisations and other related bodies.
Agreement updated Nov 2021.